You know those chocolate cravings you get mid afternoon when all you want to do is reach for something sweet? Well, we're here to help. Leksands (the makers of delicious Swedish crispbreads that use only natural, raw ingredients) have shared with us 3 different, fun recipes, that involve using crispbreads in a way that you may not have previously thought...
Leksands normal baked chrispbread
(1) Crush crispbread finely in a mortar.
(2) Pour half into a large glass.
(3) Take a jar and add half the quark over the crispbread (add vanilla extract to the quark as an optional flavouring)
(4) Mash 1 cup frozen strawberries. (You can, of course, use fresh strawberries.)
(5) Add in half of the mashed strawberry
(6) Repeat with the rest of the crispbread, quark and strawberries.
(7) Keep in the fridge about 15 minutes before serving.
The Power Snack
Leksands crispbread normal baked
(1) Spread peanut butter on crisp bread.
(2) Melt 50 grams of dark chocolate in the microwave on low power or in a water bath.
(3) Brush the chocolate over the peanut butter.
(4) Allow it to cool down so the chocolate hardens before serving.
Read the table of contents when buying peanut butter and avoid varieties that contain hydrogenated fats.
Leksands mini rut
(1) Separate the Mini Rut into bars with a serrated knife or by hand.
(2) Melt 200 grams of dark chocolate on low power in the microwave oven or in a water bath.
(3) Dip the crispbread bars into the chocolate.
(4) Put them on a baking sheet and top with a little sea salt.
(5) Allow to set before serving.
Perfect as they are or with ice cream!