Improving the look of your home can sound like an expensive, time consuming task that requires hard work and serious motivation. CNM Online, the leading provider of washroom and heating products claim it doesn’t have to be, and with the following 5 tips and tricks you can transform your home with relative simplicity. It’s all in the details and the upkeep.
1. Add some life with a few houseplants. If your home is looking a little bare and lifeless some houseplants could really help. Plants are a great way to set a room off or fill unused space whilst adding colour and energy to your home.
They can even have health benefits, promoting clear air and adding natural moistures to a room. Do some research on different types and work out what's best for you, add a plant that reflects your personality, and don’t be afraid to go big!
2. If a dingy old radiator is ruining the aesthetics of a room then replace it. Take a look at designer radiators, there are hundreds of quirky and unique options available, make a statement!
The right radiator could become a great focal point within a room, or it could just stop an ugly one being the focal point and go unnoticed, either way it’s an improvement. If you’re happy with the radiators you could consider painting them (with suitable paint) to help create a contrast within the room.
3. A few licks of paint, a bit of grout spray and some dusting has never hurt anyone. We aren’t talking a full redecorate, but cracking some paint open and giving the walls a touch up or creating a statement wall could go a long way in revitalising your place.
Whilst you’re at it get the grout cleaner out and make all the old tiles and bathroom surfaces white again. You can even find tutorials on how to make grout cleaner from other household items. Roll your sleeves up and get to work.
DUST! get that duster out and go around all those hard to reach areas like your life depends on it. Dust can make great surfaces and sides look shabby and untidy, we know its not a fun job, but it is an essential one.
4. Get some art and pictures on the walls. The right paintings or pieces of art; within the right frames, can really improve the look of any room. Use a variety of frames and pictures to add contrast and character. You can usually pick up some great looking frames at even better prices within high street stores and charity shops, it doesn’t have to be a massive financial investment.
5. Replace the simple things. Lights, lampshades, pillows and table cloths. All of these things
are fairly cheap to replace and can impact the look of your home massively. Use websites like pinterest for inspiration and go from there.
These options may in time require a little elbow grease or a small financial investment, but they’re fairly inexpensive and mostly light work in comparison to other ways of improving the look of your home. The most important thing is not to let it become too daunting. Do it in small chunks and enjoy the process, then you can enjoy the results.