We think this cupcake recipe speaks for itself. It's absolutely yummy.
Made in the Lakeland Silicone 12 Hole Muffin Pan
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CUPCAKES:
115g butter, softened
115g caster sugar
115g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs, beaten
10 drops Lakeland Natural Banana Flavour
1 ripe banana, approx. 100g, peeled and mashed
FOR THE FROSTING:
350g Lakeland Classic White Frosting
15 drops Lakeland Natural Coconut Flavour
100g Light Cocoa Wilton Candy Melts®
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4 and line a 12 hole cupcake tin with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, eggs and banana flavour. Mix until well combined and stir in the banana.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the paper cases and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden on top and a skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean. Set aside and cool for 10 minutes then remove from the tin and transfer to a wire rack.
- Place the frosting into a small mixing bowl and add the coconut flavour then mix until combined. Spread evenly over the top of each cupcake and smooth off the top.
- Melt the Candy Melts according to pack instructions and place in a piping bag with a fine writing nozzle. Pipe 12 messages of your choice on to Magic Non-Stick Liner or Baking Parchment. Allow to set completely then gently peel from the backing and place one on top of each cupcake.
Recipe taken from lakeland.co.uk. Lakeland will be exhibiting at the BBC Good Food Show London 11 – 13 November and BBC Good Food Show Birmingham 24 – 27 November and sponsoring the BBC Good Food Stage. Tickets on sale now: bbcgoodfoodshow.com