If you are looking for a healthier alternative to the usual BBQ fare of burgers and sausages, you can't go wrong with fish. This recipe is perfect for sharing with friends and family. Not only is it versatile and tasty, but fish also provides numerous health benefits as it is contains protein, vitamins, minerals and omega-3 fatty acids.
2 Salmon Fillets
1 Red Pepper
1 Green Pepper
1 Red Onion
50g Sweet Chilli Sauce
1. Chop both peppers and red onion into evenly sized square chunks
2. Slice the halloumi into thick cubes to avoid crumbling when assembling skewers.
3. Cut the salmon fillets into evenly sized pieces (approx. 2cm wide) and place in a bowl alongside the peppers, halloumi and red onion
4. Empty the sweet chilli sauce into the bowl and mix with hands delicately to coat all pieces
5. Assemble your skewers by alternating between peppers, salmon, red onion and halloumi and place on the BBQ
6. Turn the skewers every four minutes until the salmon is cooked through.
Saucy Top Tip: For the perfect partner to accompany your skewers we recommend serving with a light Moroccan couscous!
The Saucy Fish Co.’s range of complimentary fish and sauce products are now available online, visit shop.thesaucyfishco.com