Christmas is over and you either taken your decorations down or are about to, so you will be thinking what now!? The glitters and glamour are gone and the everyday decorations will seem dull and ordinary after all the elaborate Christmas decor.
Some people suffer the blues after Christmas is over as they settle into the cold and short days. And yes its pretty miserable so here are a few tips to help you start the New Year brightly.
- Move your furniture around to fill bare spots
- Put some throw pillows and big cosy throws on your couch
- Use decorative candles and other accessories to decorate
- Bring some greenery into your home
- Have fun and create new floral designs
- Take the twinkle lights from your Christmas decorations and add them to large plants or weave them between pictures on a shelf.
It is always nice to have some colour in the house so pick something that you love; I am so loving the Tangerine Tango - Pantone’s 2012 Colour of the Year.
Create candle arrangements for winter with pinecones, twigs or nuts. The contrast of the candles and the nuts is awesome.
Time tends to pass a little slower in January so take these slow days of January and have fun letting your creative spirit take the stage.
No, not the dog! I said a large plant.
And now all you need to do is pour yourself a cup of cocoa, snuggle up in a cosy throw and take in your beautiful decorated home.