A room divider is a great way to create two areas within one room. They are decorative and practical; use them as accent pieces to create a special effect or just divide one area from another. With a wide variety of styles and shapes you will find there is one for each decorating scheme, irrespective of the décor.
Use them to break a large room up into cosy sections, hide a cluttered area, or just sit against the wall.
Use it in a bedroom to section off a corner for a private dressing room or to separate a large living room and dining room giving a more intimate ambience.
- Shoji Screens: wooden frames with rice paper inlays, which allow light to pass through
- Silk Screen: often hand painted with ink and water colours.
- Fabric Screens: fabric hung in wooden frames can be removed for cleaning.
- Canvas Pocket Screens: add privacy and storage at the same time.
- Photo Display Screens: holds plain or matted photos.
- Lacquered Screens: hand-painted wood, coated with lacquer, these add beautiful artwork to a room.
The materials used to make room dividers are extensive; Metal, wood, glass, bamboo, leather, etc.
Dividers are far less expensive than having a wall constructed to separate a room. So, if you require privacy and versatility from a large space, then room dividers have a great advantage due to the savings in construction costs.