Weather willing, it's that time of year when we like to spend as much time as possible outdoors. It's all too fleeting this summer of ours so as soon as that sun comes out pack the hamper, load the car (or bicycle) and head for green fields.
Here's the Heart Home guide for the perfect picnic in the park.
1. Pack food that is easy to eat without a knife and fork to save room and cut down on the washing up. For the same reason we recommend paper napkins but it's always nicer to eat off proper plates even if they are melamine.
2. Use a vacuum flask to keep drinks cool and take plenty of straws for the children.
3. Make it an event by hanging bunting, using a nice tablecloth and packing one or two fold-up chairs.
4. Take some games for the children (and grownups) to play. Rounders and croquet are our favourites.
5. Don't forget tea-light holders and a warm blanket so you can stay out late and prolong the day even further.
Main image: Debenhams
Where to buy?: 1 Wicker hamper from Sainsbury's Home 2 Glass lantern from Paperchase 3 Melamine plate from Wilko 4 and 5 Mug and paper bunting from Dotcomgiftshop 6 Pitcher from Sainsbury's Home 7 Salad bowl from Home Candy 8 Water bottle from dotcomgiftshop 9 and 10 Picnic chair and check throw from Sainsbury's Home 11 Flask from dotcomgiftshop