One year on and I thought I would re-publish my readers favourite post since it seems to be even more relevant today then it was at that time.
Do you have enough storage in your home? The answer will probably be no and so the quest to find ways of storing things in our homes goes on.
The idea is to find ways to maximise your space; from cupboards to shelving, there is a plethora of choice out there that will suit your every need, style and budget.
There are some stylish and inventive storage solutions for all types of homes and you can find plenty of companies who offer bespoke storage; why not make the most of your space even those awkward spaces and turn them into attractive, effective and valuable storage space.
Here are few tips:
- Use shelving units as room dividers.
- Buy wheeled units that can be moved from room to room.
- Build fitted cupboards and shelves neatly into an alcove to maximise floor space.
- Fit a bespoke wall of units or buy a complete ready-made wall system.
- Look for dual purpose furniture i.e. coffee table, bed with storage units, etc.
- Adapt window seating or buy an end of the bed bench with a lid.
Make a style statement by doing a feature wall of cupboards; choose bright colours to create an amazing focal point. Use shelving to display your accessories and art work.
Don’t ignore your garage; it too deserves a good storage solution. You will find superb storage systems tailored to your specifications; mix and match hooks, storage boxes, and baskets from floor to ceiling and you will have the most tidy, organised and attractive garage ever.