I absolutely love wrapping gifts and seeing presents arranged under the tree; I spend time and effort choosing a gift so it’s important to present it beautifully with pretty paper and a gorgeous ribbon! Every year I look for new ideas and also recycle old ones.
Here are some different ways you can enhance your gifts:
- Decorative writing – If you are talented enough to have beautiful calligraphy this is a great way to decorate your wrapping paper; best used with recycling or just plain paper.
- Recycle old cards – such an easy way to decorate your paper by using cut outs of last year’s Christmas cards and glue them on the front of the present.
- Spray paint – great way to let your imagination flow and add a bit of sparkle.
- Personalised printed wrap – this is a brilliant way to impress the recipient by personalising the gift wrap on a computer. If you are inspired to do a personalised gift wrap follow these instructions:
- You need a computer, a colour printer and A3 (for large gifts) or A4 (for small ones).
- Choose a Christmas symbol in Microsoft Word or make your own (if it’s a birthday write the person’s name). You will find a wide range of symbols in Word; click the 'insert' button and select 'symbol' from either the menu or toolbar.
- Highlight the symbol, select the colour and do the same for the text.
- Highlight the entire text, select the font size, copy and paste the text and symbol until it fills the entire page and voila.
- Last but not least choose a pretty ribbon to match your paper, wrap your gift and tie a beautiful bow around it.
So let your imagination take over and wrap those gifts...