Now that Spring is right around the corner, we'll bet those decorating plans you have been putting off all winter are starting to rear their beautiful heads. Today we have for you a perfect IKEA hack for the nursery or playroom using IKEA RAST drawers and a new Rust-Oleum Colour Wash paint. This fashionable, pearlescent paint (available in four shades) lightly tints wood, adding bright pops of colour whilst still displaying the natural grain of the wood. By adding beautiful translucent colour to bare or unpainted wood you can add texture and dimension.
You Will Need:
- Rust-Oleum Colour Wash, Cloud Blue (750ml, £12.99)
- Rust-Oleum Colour Wash, Pearly Pink
- Tape measure
- Masking tape
- IKEA RAST drawers or bare wood drawers (£25)
1. Remove drawer handles and place to one side.
2. Measure each drawer to find the centre and mark out each chevron design with masking tape, ensuring the drawer edges are covered. Trim any extra tape to give clean edges.
3. Paint the bare wood sections, alternating pink to blue.
4. Remove all masking tape once d r y.
5. Re-mask the chevron design to leave one stripe of bare wood and one stripe of colour in each section.
6. Paint each area again in the same colours, thus giving some sections a second coat. Remove masking tape once dry.
7. Re-attach the handles and admire your brand new, bespoke drawers.
For stockist information and more inspiration please visit www.makeityours.co.uk