We spend so much time at our desks, it's worth a little effort to make it a creative and inspiring place to be. Storage solutions are a must if you want to keep the area tidy and we've long been fans of the IKEA Raskog trolley. And if you are also a lover of the industrial trend why not try this clever hack to update your workspace in just a weekend?
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Rust-Oleum Gun Metal Metallic Spray Paint
Rust-Oleum Spray-on Surface Primer
Ikea Raskog (or any stationary trolley)
Ikea Kullaber chair (or any suitable desk chair)
Wire garden trellis
1. Assemble object if necessary.
2. Move objects to be painted to a well-ventilated space and place on top of a large dustsheet or some old newspapers. You may want to cover the surrounding area with additional dust sheets/ newspaper to protect from spray mist.
3. Wipe items clean with a damp sponge or cloth and allow this to dry before proceeding to the next step.
4. Holding the can approximately 30cm away from the metal frame. Apply up two coats of Rust-Oleum Surface Primer, leaving at least four hours in between each coat.
5. Take your can of Rust-Oleum Gun Metal Metallic and shake thoroughly. Hold the can approximately 30cm from the surface of the item and spray in a steady back and forth motion, slightly overlapping with each stroke. For best results whilst spraying keep the can the same distance from the surface and keep the can in motion. Apply several light coats a few minutes apart.
6. Leave to dry in a well ventilated place for 24 hours.
7. Place your item back in the study and accessorise with natural materials for a sleek, chic workspace.
Rust-Oleum Gun Metal Spray Paint, 400ml, £8.99, B&Q
Rust-Oleum Surface Primer, 400ml, £9.49, B&Q