Still looking for something to do this long weekend? Why not create your own neon pop cabinet with this quick and easy IKEA hack and RustOleum neon spray paint. And don't be scared of incorporating neon into your home. This piece is sure to brighten any space and add an element of cool fun to any room. We guarantee everyone will ask where you got this cabinet from.
What You Will Need:
- Rust-Oleum Neon Spray Paint in Pink
- Ikea Ivar Cabinet
- Tape Measure
- Wood Glue
- Wood Saw
- Screw Driver
- Wooden Spindles
- Take your spindles and measure how long you want your cabinet legs to be. Mark a cutting line and cut with a hand saw.
- Sand the edges until they are smooth and even.
- Move the legs to a well ventilated space and place on top of a large dust sheet or some old newspapers. You may want to cover the surrounding area with additional dust sheets or newspaper to protect from spray mist.
- Take you rcan of Rust-Oleum Neon Pink spray paint and shake the can for one minute once the ball begins to rattle. Spray the leg, holding the can approximately 30cm from the surface and spray in a steady back and forth motion, slightly overlapping with each stroke. For best results, whilst spraying keep the can the same distance from the surface and keep the can in motion. Apply several light coats a few minutes apart.
- Attach the legs and edging, ensuring they are fully secure.
- Stick some plants on top, sit back and admire.
Neon spray paint by RustOleum is an ultra bright, premium quality, fast-drying coloured spray paint for use on most indoor surfaces. It's available in pink, yellow and green and is suitable for wood, metal, ceramic and more.
For stockist information and more inspiration visit Make it Yours.