Make the most of the good weather this weekend and head off to the beach. After all, what could be nicer than a picnic on the sand with friends and family?
But make sure you're ready with our beach party checklist (below).
What to take:
1. A large blanket to spread out on. No one wants sand in their sarnies after all.
2. A parasol to shade you from the noon-day heat. Beaches can be unforgiving when it comes to the summer sun. And while you're at it, don't forget the high factor sun cream too.
3. A hamper of tasty food to see you through the day. Packed of course in airtight boxes and pre-cut so that you don't have to take sharp knives along.
4. A cooler box filled with drinks. Best to leave the wine at home - it's important to stay hydrated.
5. A few cushions to keep you comfortable. Only the hardiest of us can sit on the ground for hours on end. And besides, you will be making time for an afternoon nap.
6. Some games to keep the children occupied and a good airport novel for yourself.
7. Your swimsuit!
1. Royal Doulton Pacific Melamine Dinnerware, £12 - £24. 2. Linea Hammered Acrylic Glassware, from £2.40. 3. Masterclass Artesa Wooden Board With 3 Jars, £34.99. 4. Linea Toko Tassle Throw, now £20. 5. Linea Coast 4 Person Hamper, now £45. 6. Junipa Lantern Range, from £56. 7. Linea Viana Stripe Cushion, £25. 8. Biba Odette 24 Piece Gold Cutlery Set, now £129.50.
Main image and all products from House of Fraser.