Our latest healthy recipe from Mindful Chef is a tender lamb dish marinated with oregano and cumin, chargrilled on skewers and served with roasted sweet potatoes, rich in beta-carotene for good eye health.
Mindful Chef is a food-box company with over 500,000 health-focused recipes.They believe in reducing your intake of sugar and refined carbs. As a result, they never deliver pasta, bread or white rice - instead all the recipes are based on innovative uses of fresh vegetables.
Deliveries are made Sunday and Monday each week and you can choose up to 5 recipes from the ever changing and imaginative menu. The recipes are all available online.
Ingredients: (all delivered by Mindful Chef)
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 x 150g diced lamb leg
- 300g sweet potato
- 30g Belazu naturally-ripened pitted black olives
- 4 skewers
- Medium handful of fresh mint
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Finely chop or crush the garlic. To make the marinade; in a bowl, combine the cumin, half of the oregano, the garlic and 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
2. Place the diced lamb in the bowl with the marinade, mix well and leave for 10 mins.
3. Meanwhile, peel and dice the sweet potato into 1cm cubes. Toss with 1 tsp oil, the remaining oregano and place on a baking tray for 15-20 mins, turning halfway through.
4. Thread the lamb in equal amounts on each skewer.
5. Preheat a griddle pan (or frying pan) to a medium-high heat, cook the skewers for 10-15 mins, turning every 2-3 mins until all sides are golden brown and cooked through.
6. To make the Greek-style salad; dice the cucumber and tomatoes, halve the black olives and finely slice the mint. Place all these ingredients in a bowl with 2 tsp olive oil, the white wine vinegar and season with sea salt and black pepper.
7. Spoon the Greek-style salad onto two plates alongside the roasted sweet potato and top with the lamb skewers.
Read more at Mindful Chef.
This post contains an affiliate link