With most of us thinking about healthy eating in January, we'd like to introduce you to Mindful Chef, a food-box company with over 500,000 health-focused recipes for us all to enjoy.
The company was set up by school friends Giles, Myles and Rob in 2015, from small farms in Devon where they grew up. Their approach is very simple, yet incredibly effective in helping you lead a healthier life. They believe in reducing your intake of sugar and refined carbs. As a result, they never deliver pasta, bread or white rice - instead all the recipes are based on innovative uses of fresh vegetables.
Deliveries are made Sunday and Monday each week and you can choose up to 5 recipes from the ever changing and imaginative menu. The recipes are all available online.
Coated chicken thighs in a spicy Portuguese blend of chilli and paprika, and then roasted oranges for a tangy drizzle which is packed with B vitamins.
Ingredients: (all delivered by Mindful Chef)
1 1/2 tbsp oil
180g cherry tomatoes
1 red onion
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp piri piri seasoning
2 x 150g free-range chicken thighs
Large handful of flat-leaf parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
2. Cut the onion into small chunks. Slice the orange into 8 wedges, leaving the skin on. Roughly chop the parsley.
3. In a bowl mix the piri piri seasoning and dried oregano with a pinch of sea salt and 1 tbsp oil. Place the chicken thighs in this bowl and coat evenly.
4. Place the chicken in an ovenproof dish (or on a baking tray), alongside the onion and orange wedges and drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil. Place in the oven for 20-25 mins until the chicken is cooked through. After 10 mins of cooking, add the cherry tomatoes to the ovenproof dish and place back in the oven for the remaining cooking time.
5. Meanwhile, boil a kettle. Rinse the quinoa and add to a saucepan with 300ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 15 mins until cooked.
6. Drain the quinoa and stir through the cherry tomatoes, roasted onion, parsley and rocket. Season with black pepper.
7. Serve the chicken thighs on two warm plates, alongside the vegetable quinoa. Squeeze over the juice from the roasted orange quarters.
To see more about this recipe including nutritional values, or to find out more about Mindful Chef just follow the link below.
Portugese Piri Piri Chicken with Orange & Parsley Quinoa - (affiliate link)