Biscuits really are so easy to make we often wonder why we don't get out the pinny more often! And these ones are no exception. Made with Duerrs jam which has been specifically created for home baking, we can pretend we're making them for the children, but we're not fooling anyone.
75g caster sugar
200g plain flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cornflour
Duerr’s Rhubarb and Custard Homebaking Jam to fill the biscuits
Icing sugar, to dust
1) Preheat the oven to 160˚C fan/ 180˚C conventional.
2) Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl, add the vanilla then gradually add the egg.
3) Sift in the flours and stir well to make a dough, wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
4) Roll out dough to 3mm thick. Use a plain cutter to cut out discs. Remove centre from half of the biscuits with a cutter shape of your choice.
5) Carefully transfer to baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper or parchment and bake for 15 minutes.
6) Cool, then spread the plain biscuits with jam, top with a shaped biscuit and dust with icing sugar.
Recipe is courtesy of Duerr's homebaking jam, which is the first jam created specifically for homebaking in the UK. Available at Aldi.