Summer is well and truly here, and that means plenty of time spent enjoying the great outdoors. From family days at the beach to al fresco dining from the comfort of your back garden, there's always going to be an occasion for a cooling jug of something refreshing.
Today we're sharing with you a selection of new summer drink recipes. Ricola, sugar free sweets, have teamed up with top bloggers to create a selection of amazing non-alcoholic summer drinks.
Cranberry, Raspberry and Orange Cooler (from Helen Best-Shaw at Fuss Free Flavours)
1 packet Ricola Tasty Cranberry Sweets - use fewer for a more delicate drink
1 mug boiling water
150g punnet raspberries
1 orange - sliced
handful fresh mint
Fresh cranberries - optional
1 litre sparkling water
1. Place the Ricola into a mug, and pour boiling water over. Set to one side and allow to dissolve.
2. Once dissolved add the raspberries (reserve a few for garnish) and blitz in a blender. Strain into a jug through a sieve.
3. Add the remainder of the raspberries, sliced orange, mint and fresh cranberries if using, stir, and put in the fridge for a few hours to infuse.
4. When ready to serve top up the cranberry mixture with chilled sparkling water and plenty of ice.
Strawberry and Elderflower Mojito (from Celery and Cupcakes)
1/2 cup of whole strawberries
1 box Ricola Delicious Elderflower herbal sweets
1 cup boiling water
10 fresh mint leaves
1-2 tbsps honey
Zest and juice of 2 lime
1 bottle of sparkling water or lemonade (leave out honey if using lemonade)
1. Pour the Ricola Delicious Elderflower herbal sweets into a cup and fill to the top with boiling water. Allow to stand and cool down for around 20 minutes.
2. In a blender, combine the strawberries, cooled elderflower water, mint, honey, lime juice and zest.
3. Fill 4 glasses with ice and add the strawberry mixture. Top the glasses with lemonade or sparkling water.
Watermelon & Fresh Mountain Mint Mocktail (from Honest Mum)
1 lb seedless watermelon chunks
353ml or 1 1/2 cups still or sparkling water
2 tbsp honey
2 Ricola Fresh Mountain Mint sweets
A few fresh mint leaves
1. In a blender, puree the watermelon and water; strain if desired.
2. Dissolve the Ricola sweet into the liquid
3. Stir in the mint leaves and serve over ice with a straw (omit ice for your kids’ drinks).
The secret of Ricola's unique taste is due to the famous mixture of 13 Swiss herbs. Ricola's herbs are grown in the beautiful and tranquil mountains of Switzerland. The herbs are all cultivated in carefully selected locations guaranteeing the best quality and purity of all the herbs.