We make no excuses for sharing another tasty fish dish. After all it's packed full of goodness, low in fat, and quick to prepare. And did you know that North Sea Cod has o-fish-ally been MSC certified? Meaning you can now buy your local cod in confidence. Just another reason to choose fish.
Serve with a summer bean salad.
- x2 cod fillets
- ½ red onion
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 sprig of thyme
- A splash of olive oil
- Sprinkle of sea salt and cracked black pepper
1) Season the raw cod fillets with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, then simply place on baking tray and pop in a pre-heated oven at 180C, for around 15 minutes
2) Finely dice the onion before frying off in some olive oil. Sprinkle with caster sugar and wait a minute for it to caramelise (and smell fin-tastic)
3) Add the tomatoes and soy sauce to the pan and sprinkle with thyme before mixing everything together, leaving to cook for two minutes
4) Remove the cod from the oven and cover in the warm tomato and thyme dressing. Then all that’s left to do is to serve up with your favourite summer salad – we recommend a butterbean and olive medley for a fresh, Mediterranean twist
Recipe courtesy of The Saucy Fish Co. – now available in the freezer aisle. Visit shop.thesaucyfishco.com for more information and to buy online