Perfect as a starter, a lunch, or a weekday supper. Our recipe this week celebrates the colours and taste of autumn. Serves 4.
Ingredients for stuffed mushrooms:
4 large mushrooms
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp red onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
4 oz goat cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
Ingredients for roasted tomatoes:
12 – 16 oz tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
2 – 3 garlic cloves, finely minced or squished through a garlic press
Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5
- Toss the chopped tomatoes with oil, garlic, salt and pepper and spead on the baking tray, cover with foil and roast for 20 – 25 min.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, clean the mushrooms by gently wiping the outside of the caps and cut out the stems. With the teaspoon, scrape the gills out until the underside is mostly clean. Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, chopped onions and garlic. Brush the mushroom caps inside and out with the olive oil mixture, sprinkle each cap with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the grill, place mushrooms and grill for 3 – 5 min. The mushrooms will start to release moisture and get juicy. Remove from the grill.
- Fill with the roasted tomatoes, dot with the goat cheese and sprinkle with fresh dill.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 190C/170C fan/gas 5
- Brush with a little extra olive oil
From the Autumn 2012 issue of Heart Home magazine.
Recipe and photographs: Giedre Augustinaviciute