Filling comfort food is what we all want at this time of the year. This vegetarian recipe ticks all the boxes for us!
• Preparation time: 5 minutes, plus cooling
• Cooking time: 40 minutes
• Total time: 45 minutes, plus cooling
10 small sweet potatoes (about 200g each)
100g unsalted peanuts
4 tbsp tamari
4 red chillies, finely chopped
bunch coriander, leaves picked
bunch mint, leaves picked
1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C, gas mark 6. Rinse and dry the sweet potatoes, then prick them with a fork, rub them with a little salt and place on a tray. Roast for 30-40 minutes, until soft throughout.
2. Meanwhile, tip the peanuts onto a baking tray; roast for 5-7 minutes, until golden. Set aside to cool, then smash up a little in a pestle and mortar.
3. Grate the zest of 2 limes into a bowl and squeeze in the juice of all 4 limes. Add the tamari and ½ the chilli; mix well. Once the sweet potatoes are cooked through (you can keep them warm in a low oven until you are ready to eat), chop them into pieces and put on a platter. Pour over the lime and tamari dressing, turning the pieces in the dressing, then top with the herbs, peanuts and the remaining chilli.