If you're still looking forward to your summer holiday this year, why not create this mouth-wateringly tasty vegetarian quesadilla recipe, created by TV chef Dean Edwards. It brings together all of the flavours of Greece to put you in the mood for your break (or even your staycation).
Perfectly cooked on the barbecue in Kitchen Foil, this light recipe is perfect for sharing with family and friends this summer.
240g baby spinach
120g feta cheese crumbled
60g pine nuts toasted
6 x spring onions finely sliced
1 x egg beaten
1 tsp dried oregano
Small grating nutmeg
Juice ½ lemon
8 small flour tortillas
120g cheddar cheese grated
1. Place the spinach into a large pan over a medium heat and cover with a lid
2. Wilt down the spinach, strain and squeeze out the excess water, then leave to cool before chopping roughly
3. Add the feta, pine nuts, spring onions, eggs, oregano, nutmeg and lemon juice and mix well. Season with salt and pepper
4. Divide the spinach mixture on top of 4 tortillas, spreading into an even layer, sprinkle over the Cheddar cheese and then top with another tortilla
5. Wrap in Kitchen Foil until fully enclosed, then pop onto the BBQ for 4-5 minutes each side, turning regularly. Unwrap the parcels and cut each quesadillas into 6.
Enjoy with a Greek salad and some cucumber tzatziki
Recipe courtesy of Bacofoil The Original Kitchen Foil.