Secretsales.com is a fantastic 'members only' shopping site where every day you'll find a collection of the most coveted brands and designer names at a slice of their original price. Here Heart Home talks to two of their senior buyers for the homeware and lifestyle range. Meet Preeti Kandohla and Melina Konstantinidi... 1. How long have you been working for Secretsales.com for? PK. Almost 9 months. MK. Coming into the 7th month now.
2. What is your favourite part of the job? PK. Sourcing the best brands and product ranges to promote on our site; I love travelling and visiting showrooms and seeing new products! MK. Sourcing new and exciting products. New in the sense that it has never before featured on Secretsales and exciting in that it represents something novel in the world of homeware.
3. What unique qualities do you look for when sourcing for Products? PK. Negotiating key brands is important when sourcing overall; within a range I try to pick unique, innovative and design led products. I also try and work with brands to promote in season stock on our site. MK. Quality, innovation and value for money.
4. What is it, that you think makes Secretsales.com stand out from other 'members only' shopping websites? PK. We work with a number of designers and brands that have won awards so work with the very best. We also pass the best discounts to the customers to ensure they get the most competitive offer. MK. Secretsales.com was the first private members shopping club in the UK. It has stood the test of time within this ultra-competitive space. With regards to product offering it is uniquely positioned to consistently deliver product across all categories from fashion accessories, to ready to wear to homeware. We do this well and with a touch of novelty.
5. If you had 5 words to describe Secretsales.com what would they be? PK. Fun, fashionable, honest, up beat and very fast paced!!! MK. One stop shop, good product selection, honest pricing, customer focused, adaptable.
6. Where do you get your inspirations from? PK. Trade shows, designers. MK. Everything inspires me from nature to trends to practicality.
7. Describe to me your day to day tasks? PK. Analysis sales indenting best sellers from previous sales, spend time contacting new brands, managing diary and attending supplier appointments to select new ranges and then presenting that back to the Board ready for our customers! MK. Monitoring trends, sourcing, negotiating on pricing, marketing the supplier brand to the customer in the best possible manner, planning a weekly, monthly and annual schedule to ensure all the subcategories I buy for are featured.
8. Any exciting future plans for Secretsales.com? PK. Pantone Kitchen, Kirstie Allsopp, Frette Bedlinen… MK. A lot, watch this space.
9. Any all time favourite brands you have had on Secretsales.com? PK. Banksy Art, Dualit,…..We have some very exciting kitchen brands coming over the next month…so watch the space! MK. Tom Raffield lighting.
10. What has been the highlight of your career so far? PK. Having the opportunity to travel the world to source the best product ranges possible. MK. Every day is a highlight. Buying product that our customers respond to is the most rewarding part!
Preeti Kandohla's Must Have...
Pantone, 11 piece tray set in tangerine tango, was £70.00 now £49.00
Pantone, Butterfly classic cup (available in 8 different colours) Was £14.95 now £10.00
Both sales go live today at 5.00pm, until Sunday midnight.
Melina Konstantinidi's Must Have...
Premier Houseware pop-inspired cylindrical cabinet available in turquoise, pink and black Was £107.49 now £61.00
On sale until Saturday midnight