In just a couple of hours, you can transform three unassuming pallets into garden furniture. Pick any colour you like, and decorate with coordinating cushions for the party-perfect snuggling lounger that’s straight out of Love Island!
You Will Need:
- Rust-Oleum Chalky Finish Garden Furniture Paint.
- Wooden Pallets.
- Small Roller and Tray.
- Paint Brush.
- Paint Stirrer.
- Paint Tin Opener.
- Electric Drill With Screws.
- Metal Brackets.
- Ensure surfaces are smooth, dry and free from contaminants. Take your chosen shade of garden furniture paint and paint the pallets. (Rust-Oleum Chalky Finish Garden Furniture Paint requires no priming, is water resistant and is mould and algae resistant too). Use a mini roller for an even finish.
- One to two coats will be needed, and you'll need to leave the paint to dry for one hour before flipping the pallet and painting the underside. You might need to use a brush for the harder-to-reach areas.
- Create the base of your lounger by stacking one or more pallets to the right height. When you're happy, secure them with screws and an electric drill. Use metal brackets for extra strength.
- Add another pallet propped in a vertical position to create the back of your lounger. Again, secure it in place with drill, screws and brackets.
- Dress for comfort! Homebase sells special pallet furniture cushions that fit perfectly on top of pallets.
- Add more colour with more scatter cushions, pot plants and fairy lights.
For stockist information and more inspiration visit www.makeityours.co.uk