This is a quick and easy IKEA hack. Perfect for a little weekend project. And when it's finished no one will guess where you got this decadent little number. It uses a chalky effect furniture paint to create a fashionable flat matt finish to flat-pack furniture. And best of all it requires minimal preparation. Now that's the kind of project we like!
What You Will Need
- Rust-Oleum Chalky Finish Furniture Paint
- Rust-Oleum Furniture Finishing Wax,
- ClearIKEA Tarva drawers
- Paint roller
- Paint brush
- Paint stirrer
- Can opener
- 2 x microfibre cloths
- Drawer handles
- Corner plates and screws
- Take the Rust-Oleum Chalky Finish Furniture Paint and stir thoroughly before use. Paint the top, sides and front of each drawer with a roller. Paint any remaining hard to reach places with a paint brush. Leave this to dry. Your drawers may require a second coat.
- Using Rust-Oleum Furniture Finishing Wax in Clear, fully wax the piece of furniture with your dry cloth. Work the wax into the surface in small circular motions. Leave for 15 minutes and buff with a clean, dry cloth. Furniture wax is easy to apply with a brush or rag and will give you a soft, velvety sheen, which provides a matt finish for projects that require more durability against knocks and stains.
- Position the corner plates on the edge of the drawers pre-drill small holes to make it easier to screw in the screws. Take your flat-topped screws and screw into place to secure the corner plates. Repeat this step for the handles to complete your project.
For stockist information and more inspiration visit Make it Yours.