Something for the weekend? If your desk is crying out for stylish storage, why not give some simple IKEA items a makeover by staining untreated wooden desk organisers with Rust-Oleum’s Furniture Finishing Wax in Dark. It's a quick, easy and affordable way to make bespoke, industrial looking accessories for the workspace. It has a lovely recycled/antique finish and we'd be tempted to prop open a couple of those drawers to display some plants. You never know, next weekend you might want to tackle something bigger!
You will need:
- Rust-Oleum Furniture Finishing Wax Dark
- IKEA KNUFF plywood desk organisers (set of 2)
- IKEA MOPP mini plywood drawers
- Paint or wax brush
- Clean rag or kitchen roll
- Make sure the IKEA items are clean and free from dust and grease by giving them a wipe over with a damp cloth, leaving the items to dry fully.
- Using a paint or wax brush, apply Rust-Oleum Furniture Finishing Wax all over the item.
- Immediately after applying the wax, wipe off any excess using a clean rag. How much wax you remove is up to you. We applied plenty to our desk organisers to give them a lovely deep colour.
- If you apply too much of the dark wax, you can lighten an area by loading your brush with some Rust-Oleum Furniture Finishing Wax in Clear and working it over until it’s lighter again.
- When you finish waxing your piece of furniture and are happy with the outcome, leave to dry and then buff to a soft sheen.
Rust-Oleum Furniture Finishing Wax Dark RRP 125ml £4.99/ 400ml £12