Our latest healthy recipe from Mindful Chef. Sweet and tangy, these pork meatballs are infused with grated fresh apple, wholegrain mustard and sage, to help aid digestive health. They are served with our favourite crispy kalettes and cauliflower mash.
Mindful Chef is a food-box company with over 500,000 health-focused recipes.They believe in reducing your intake of sugar and refined carbs. As a result, they never deliver pasta, bread or white rice - instead all the recipes are based on innovative uses of fresh vegetables.
Deliveries are made Sunday and Monday each week and you can choose up to 5 recipes from the ever changing and imaginative menu. The recipes are all available online.
Ingredients: (all delivered by Mindful Chef)
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube
- 1 apple
- 1 brown onion
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 2 x 150g pork mince
- 4 tsp cornflour
- 80g kalettes
- Medium handful of fresh thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle. Slice the apple in half, remove the core and finely grate half of the apple (you won't need the other half, keep for a healthy snack!) Thinly slice the onion. Trim the kalettes.
2. Trim the cauliflower, remove the leaves and reserve for later. Cut the cauliflower into small chunks. Place in a saucepan and cover with boiling water. Simmer for 20 mins until soft, then drain and mash with a potato masher. Season and stir in the leaves from the thyme sprigs.
3. In a bowl, mix together the pork mince, apple half of the mustard and half of the sage. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Roll the pork mix into 12 meatballs.
4. Heat a frying pan on a medium-high heat with 1/2 tbsp oil and cook for 10 mins, turning occasionally until golden brown. Remove from the pan.
5. Place the kalettes and cauliflower leaves on a baking tray with 1/2 tbsp oil. Place in the oven for 10 mins.
6. Dissolve the half vegetable stock cube in 150ml boiling water and dissolve the cornflour in a small bowl with 1 tbsp cold water. In the same pan that the meatballs were in, heat 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the onion for 5 mins, then stir in the vegetable stock, cornflour, remaining mustard and remaining sage. Add the meatballs to this mix and place a lid on the pan, cook for a further 5 mins until the meatballs are cooked through.
7. Spoon the pork meatballs and sauce onto two warm plates alongside the cauliflower mash, kalettes and cauliflower leaves.
Read more at Mindful Chef
This post contains an affiliate link