Why should meat-eaters have all the fun?. This delicious vegetarian burger recipe is sure to satisfy the heartiest of appetites and non-vegetarians will no doubt love it too.
To make the burger mix:
580g Black beans (cooked & drained)
1 heaped teaspoon Cumin seeds (dried, toasted & crushed)
35g Jalapenos (finely chopped)
12g Coriander (chopped)
115g Red onion (chopped)
4 1 / 2 tablespoons Cornflour
3 / 4 teaspoon Salt
1 heaped teaspoon cracked black pepper
125g Beetroot (grated)
To make the burger mayo:
1 teaspoon Tomato puree
20g Tomato chutney
5 g Gherkin (finely grated)
1. Crush the beans with your hands and fold everything thoroughly to create the Black Bean & Beetroot Mix.
2. Mold the burgers into patties (around 150g each)
3. Plunge the patties into hot oil and fry for approximately 4 minutes until crisped.
4. In the meantime toast the brioche bun on the grill.
5. Add burger mayo to the bottom of the bun, place the patty and lay over a slice of emmental cheese.
6. Add a slice of beef tomato and a baby gem lettuce leaf.
7. Spread burger mayonnaise to the top bun and skewer the burger through everything.
Serve with either salad or fries and coleslaw.
This recipe is courtesy of Las Iguanas, a casual dining restaurant chain with a Latin American theme.