Our latest healthy recipe from Mindful Chef. This veggie Pad Thai is made with courgetti noodles which are richer in vitamins and lower in calories than rice noodles, and served with a peanut and lime sauce. It's choc full of Thai flavours.
Mindful Chef is a food-box company with over 500,000 health-focused recipes.They believe in reducing your intake of sugar and refined carbs. As a result, they never deliver pasta, bread or white rice - instead all the recipes are based on innovative uses of fresh vegetables.
Deliveries are made Sunday and Monday each week and you can choose up to 5 recipes from the ever changing and imaginative menu. The recipes are all available online.
Ingredients: (all delivered by Mindful Chef)
- 1 red chilli
- 1 yellow pepper
- 280g firm tofu
- 2 limes
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp peanut paste
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 300g carrot
- 300g courgette
- Two pairs of chopsticks
1. Finely chop the chilli and finely slice the spring onions, removing the root ends. Peel and slice the carrots into matchsticks and thinly slice the yellow pepper.
2. Remove the ends of the courgettes, but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgetti noodles using a peeler and slice the courgettes into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one).
3. Drain, rinse and cut the tofu into 2cm cubes. Pat dry with paper towel.
4. Heat a frying pan with 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the tofu for 5 mins, then add half of the tamari and cook for another 5 mins until golden brown, turning occasionally.
5. Meanwhile, to make the sauce; mix the peanut paste with the remaining tamari, the maple syrup, the juice from 1 lime and the chopped chilli.
6. Heat another frying pan with 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the carrot, spring onion and yellow pepper for 2 mins. Then add the courgetti and the sauce and cook for 3 mins.
7. Serve the Pad Thai in two warm bowls, top with the tofu and drizzle over the remaining lime juice.
Read more at Mindful Chef
This post contains an affiliate link